Wednesday, February 20, 2019 |
Fashion mourns death of Kaiser Karl LagerfeldRoss Taylor surpasses Stephen Fleming to become New Zealand's leading ODI run-getterRanveer Singh-Ranbir Kapoor to team up soon?Harish Rao denies rumours of dissent over Cabinet berthFruits and veggies can boost your mental healthICC clears Akila Dananjaya's action, set to resume bowlingMadhu Chopra says she worried about Priyanka's career in the beginning, here's whyExodus from Telugu Desam continues; Another leader joins YSRCHyderabad’s first ever Dakhini parkFIFA World Cup 2022: Qatar invites India's 1983, 2011 cricket World Cup champs

Bengaluru: Techie was in Honnavar, but slipped away from lodge

Posted December 4th, 2018, 10:16 AM IST

Bengaluru: Techie was in Honnavar, but slipped away from lodge

Bengaluru: The police, probing the mystery of a missing 39-year-old techie Prasanna who left his house for a walk on November 9 and never returned, have ruled out the abduction angle as claimed by his family members in the complaint.

A special team formed to investigate the case have spotted Prasanna in a CCTV footage in Honnavar. Though he is not yet found, the police suspect that he must be in Udupi or surrounding areas and believe that he went there on his own.

The preliminary investigation revealed that Prasanna, a resident of Padmanabha Nagar and a software engineer with a private company, left his house around 8pm. He switched off his mobile phone in Yeshwanthpur and boarded a bus to Honnavar from there.

The police have found the CCTV footage of a lodge which showed Prassana entering it. However, he was not found in the lodge when the police alerted their counterparts in Honnavar. According to the police, he stayed in the lodge for two days and checked out. Probably he wanted to be alone and get away from his family, a police officer part of the investigation said. “We are searching for him in and around Udupi and will find him soon,” he said. According to the complaint by his family members, Prasanna left his house for a walk to Lakshmikanth Park in Padmanabha Nagar. When he did not return even after 10 pm, his wife and family members started calling him on his mobile phone but no one answered. Later, Prasanna's wife recieved a message in Hindi on her mobile phone which read, "Your husband is with us and will talk to you tomorrow. Do not go to police".

Prasanna was an employee of TSC in London and had come back to live with his family in Bengaluru two years ago. He later joined a firm that deals with artifiial intelligence.