Friday, April 20, 2018 |
Book Review: A must read for decision makers, this book is sure to fascinate allStars from another sky: Rumi aur MantoPaisa vasool in namma ooruA midsummer’s night & other storiesMeet the chaat-bustersHere’s how you can make the perfect cup of coffee, everydayToo hot to sleep? 5 tips to help you get some shut-eyeWorld Liver Day: Lack of awareness raises burden of diseasesMonte Carlo Masters: Rafael Nadal wins, sets up 'difficult' Thiem quarter-final clashPremier League: Conte's Chelsea beat Burnley away, keep Champions League hopes alive

Pakistan's Nawaz suspended for not reporting suspect approach

Posted May 18th, 2017, 03:31 PM IST

Pakistan's Nawaz suspended for not reporting suspect approach

Karachi: Pakistan all-rounder Mohammad Nawaz has been suspended for two months for failing to report a suspect approach to indulge in corruption, the country's cricket board has said.

The 23-year-old, who has played three Tests, nine one-day internationals and five Twenty20 matches for Pakistan, admitted to the charges and has also been fine 200,000 Pakistan rupees ($1,910), the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) said in a statement.

Nawaz's ban is effective from May 16 but he could return to cricket after a month if he fulfilled certain criteria, the board said.

"During the period of ineligibility... Nawaz's central contract executed with PCB shall stand suspended and no new contract shall be offered to him," it added.

The PCB is investigating whether an international syndicate had attempted to influence matches in the Pakistan Super League Twenty20 tournament in Dubai earlier this year and Nawaz is the seventh Pakistan cricketer under the board's scanner.

Sharing

advertisement
Videos